The Cultural Competence Program (CCP) is a range of online multi-media training courses and resources designed to help organisations maximise the benefits of cultural competence, diversity and inclusion. The CCP was developed by SBS, Multicultural NSW, and International Education Services – leading organisations in addressing the needs of multicultural Australia. It was developed to:
• Help organisations manage an increasingly diverse workforce
• Better service diverse communities within Australia by providing relevant training and information to service-based organisations
• Create competitive advantage for organisations operating in increasingly diverse marketplaces both locally and globally
• Promote social cohesion through fostering a better understanding of diverse cultures
MODULE 3: CORE INCLUSION SKILLS:
Upon completion of the module Core Inclusion Skills, you will be able to:
• Understand some core practices essential to successful cross-cultural interactions
• Recognise some core behaviours essential to successful cross-cultural interaction
• Recognise that showing appropriate respect is at the heart of cultural competence
Note on video interviews:
All participants in the interviews tell real stories around their own experiences. Part of their story is which culture they identify with, and we asked each participant how they wanted to be represented. Some chose to be represented as just Australian, some chose to be a combination of Australian and some other cultures, and yet others chose their culture of origin. We respected their choices.
ATOM STUDY GUIDE:
ATOM has produced a guide for ‘Cultural Competence Program – Module 3: Core Inclusion Skills’.
Click here for the full program.