Last updated: 10 August 2021
Australian Teachers of Media (ATOM) operates in accordance with the Victoria Government COVID restrictions and regulations. ATOM prioritises the health and safety of all event participants and stakeholders, and actively promotes this through the implementation of our COVID-Safe Plan. We also work closely with our partner venues where our events and programs are held.
Outlined below are the measures we have put in place for individuals participating in any of our events and programs, and what actions ATOM takes to ensure a safe and secure event delivery. These measures are regularly reviewed and updated to align with the health advice from the Department.
- Mask-wearing: As of 5 August 2021, in accordance with the Victorian Government advice, masks must be worn indoors and outdoors – unless a lawful exception applies. Disposable masks may be provided if needed.
- Hand-sanitising: We work with venues that have hygiene and safety as a priority and operates with hand-sanitising stations available upon entry and throughout the venue.
- Density limits and physical distancing: We adhere with the density limits in place at venues to ensure physical distancing. Attendees must always maintain at least 1.5 metres of distance. Signages and markers may be put in place to assist with this.
- All attendees are encouraged to conduct a self-assessment prior to attending our events and programs. Anyone presenting with symptoms or feeling unwell are instructed to stay at home, get tested or isolate.
- If you are feeling unwell during an ATOM event, please notify an ATOM staff member or a venue facilitator.
Record-keeping and contract tracing
- ATOM keeps a record of all attendees registered at an event and uses electronic on-site registration. ATOM keeps a record of attendees’ details indefinitely for reporting purposes. Where required by law, this record may be disclosed to the Victorian Health Department for contact tracing purposes.
- ATOM works with venues with contact tracing management in place. Patrons will be asked to check in using a QR code upon entry to the venue.
Food and drinks
- Where an event provides food and drinks, ATOM works with catering contractors that follow Worksafe Guidelines and Food Safety Standards.